Monday, January 9, 2017

#boutofbooks Final Update




I really tried to read all the way up to the last minute last night so I could give this cycle of Bout of Books all the time I could.

Books Read:
My Writing Professor by Nicolette Dane (Romance Bingo square - New Adult)
My Friend the Bride by Nicolette Dane (Romance Bingo square - Wedding Bells)
Sarah Sunshine (Montana Romances #2.5) by Merry Farmer (review coming!) (Romance Bingo square - TSTL)
Apprentice in Death (...In Death #43) by J.D. Robb (review coming!)

Books Started:
Heir to a Desert Legacy by Maisey Yates (29% completed) (Romance Bingo square - secret billionaire)
If I Was Your Girl by Meredith Russo (44% completed) (Romance Bingo square - YA)

Final Thoughts:
I only participated in one social media challenge; I did the first day introduce yourself in six words via Twitter. I tried to read through all the wonderful responses from Saturday's Twitter chat; however, I couldn't participate due to driving home from Heathrow.

I finished three books for the Romance Bingo; unfortunately one book ended up filling a different square than the one it was intended for, so I am juggling some to fill in the now empty slot. Both books I am currently reading will also go towards filling out the bingo card.

For the Pop Sugar challenge, I got one prompt filled by a book that was finished during BoB (Prompt: author with a pen name/J.D. Robb is the pen name for writer Nora Roberts). The ...In Death book and the Russo work are from the library, which gives me 2/36 books done for the Library Love Challenge.

Overall, in spite of how busy I was this week, I at least got to six books which was my goal, so I am calling this cycle a success. Thursday was a weird day reading wise for me, as I couldn't quite settle on one book to read so I did a fair amount of sampling.

Happy Reading!
Melissa

No comments:

Post a Comment

Keep it clean and no cyber-bullying. The comment section will not be moderated unless evidence shows it must be to allow for all readers/reviewers/commenters to feel open to sharing. I don't suffer Internet trolls gladly.