Thursday, January 26, 2017

Damn Good Romantic Suspense

Another book for the Romance Bingo. Downloaded from OverDrive. New to me author that I will be putting on my list of authors to read more from.


 
Book Review
Switched
Harlequin, 2012
Read January 2017
4 stars
 
 
I haven't read a romantic suspense book in a long time. The author is one I haven't read before, but I was aware of her from an interview on a podcast I listen to and she seemed really interesting. I saw the book while browsing OverDrive and decided to give it a shot. I am so glad I did.
 
Aaron Bain is the hottest hero I have read in quite sometime. He has a healthy amount of brains to go along with his brawn, which a nice change of pace from the usual alpha-holes that dominated the subgenre. Risa Peters is smart, funny, and brave - she really was Aaron's equal even though she didn't have any experience in security or military. The two had a few dates prior to the opening of the story, but Bain hadn't called Risa to set up another date in weeks; Risa felt that any potential for a relationship was dead in the water. Until the two meet up when Bain rescues Risa from two hired thugs who were sent to kidnap "a brown haired young woman on the fifth floor" - which unfortunately for Risa, put her in the wrong place at the wrong time. Intense fighting scenes, escape plans, a bombing, and another attempted kidnapping of Risa makes this book 75% suspense, with the other 25%  all about the romance with adults actually talking to each other. The mystery is solved before the romance, which felt realistic. Overall, I want to read more from this author.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Keep it clean and no cyber-bullying. The comment section will not be moderated unless evidence shows it must be to allow for all readers/reviewers/commenters to feel open to sharing. I don't suffer Internet trolls gladly.