Wednesday, January 4, 2017

Meh, It Was Decent

The last book I read for 2016 was a short celebrity essay collection. My final tally for 2016 is 180 books, 20% over my goal.


http://www.penguinrandomhouse.com/books/231576/why-not-me-by-mindy-kaling/9780804138161/

Book Review
Why Not Me?
Crown Archetype, 2015
Read December 2016
3 stars
 
 
This was entertaining in parts, but overall disappointing read. Kaling is a bit shallow in my opinion and her thoughts are nothing more complicated than a Twitter conversation between two entertainment reporters. I just could not connect with Kaling; I felt like I was reading a book written by her on-screen personas. She does have some real laugh out loud one-liners that kept me reading. She seems like a hard-working person who is a talent for writing television shows and acting on them; however, there is a certain amount of immaturity she is holding onto and her fascination with LA life is boring to read.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Keep it clean and no cyber-bullying. The comment section will not be moderated unless evidence shows it must be to allow for all readers/reviewers/commenters to feel open to sharing. I don't suffer Internet trolls gladly.