Monday, January 23, 2017

Musty Monday January 23 - 30, 2017


Musty Monday
January 23 -30, 2017

This weekend was spent participating in the 24in48 Read-a-thon. I completed 17 hours and 4 books. At about the 10 hour mark, I couldn't get the motivation to read anymore, so I switched to an audiobook to bring me through the final stretch. I read one graphic novel; next time I will probably have a few graphic novels comics on hand as easier reads between longer works. The only downside I see for being so productive during a read-a-thon is that I have 5 reviews to write. Last week's list was only half-completed; those books will be priority this week. This week is all about finishing up books I started to read so they can count for my January stats and challenges.
 
Here is this week's list:
1. Finish Heir to a Desert Legacy by Maisey Yates
         If I wasn't reading this for Romance Bingo, it would have been labeled a DNF and I would have moved on already. Still at 49% completed.
 
2. With Every Letter (Wings of a Nightingale #1) by Sarah Sundin
         I didn't even get to read a page from this yet. But I am looking forward to reading this book because it is a historical set in the time/land of Not Regency.
 
3. Key of Knowledge (Key Trilogy #2)  by Nora Roberts
         Normally, I would not start a trilogy by reading the second book, but I needed a title or cover photo with a key and this is the one my library had.
 
4. Switched by Helen Kay Dimon
          I am really getting back into romantic suspense. I picked this one from OverDrive because the author did an interview and I really liked what she had to say about writing and the genre.
 
5. The Sun Trail (Warriors: The Dawn of the Clans #1) by Erin Hunter
         The only one on the list not for Romance Bingo. It is a YA fantasy about a clan of cats that go on a journey to find a new land that could sustain them and help them thrive.
 
Until next week, Happy Reading!
 
 

 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Keep it clean and no cyber-bullying. The comment section will not be moderated unless evidence shows it must be to allow for all readers/reviewers/commenters to feel open to sharing. I don't suffer Internet trolls gladly.