Wednesday, April 26, 2017

Update on my Reading Life

Yes it has been a while since I posted...April 2017 is pretty much a blur for me. But I wanted to update my readers on what is going on in my reading and tea drinking life, so I thought now would be a good time.

Upcoming Read-a-thons
1. Dewey's 24hr Read-a-thon - happening this Saturday, April 29th about 1pm in my time zone. The goal is to make it to 12 hours of reading, the stretch goal is to make it to 15 hours. I don't really have a TBR set aside for this read-a-thon; I am just going to finish up any April reads or read a book for a book-related game I am playing with some online friends. I think there is still time to sign up and participate.

2. Bout of Books (Cycle 19) - happening Monday, May 8th through Sunday, May 14th. Again, no real TBR set aside, just the one big book I am reading for the Pop Sugar challenge (fills in the 800+ page prompt) and any book for the bookish game. My real goal is to really participate in the daily challenges - this is one area of the BoB read-a-thon I continually suck at. Sign ups are active; I've done the declaration post on my BookLikes blog.

Reading Challenges
1. Pop Sugar Reading Challenge 2017 - 29/52 prompts filled. Starting in May I will be reading London by Edward Rutherfurd, and 829 page historical fiction about my favorite city. This is to fill in the prompt for 800+ page book. It will take me all of May and June to read it while I also read other books for the online game. If I don't get this prompt done before the first half of 2017 is over, I won't get to it in the second half due to procrastination and lack of enthusiasm for reading long books.



2. Library Love Challenge (OverDrive Junkie level) - 29/36 read; I don't count DNFs. Since I am close to finishing this one early, I might take the summer off from borrowing and picking up again in the fall. This will give me more room to read off my physical TBR shelf.

3. BookLikes/Good Reads Challenge - 57/150

Upcoming Events
1. RT Booklover's Convention 2017 - in just a few days I will be in Atlanta for my first RT convention! This has been on my bucket list for as long as I have known there was such a convention. And I have always wanted to visit Atlanta, so there will be some sight seeing as well as indulging in all things romance. I'm also excited for some warm weather - right now England is in a rain/cold snap weather pattern.

So that is what I have been up to. Can't wait to share my RT experience, my British Library experience, and more with you in May. Until then - happy reading!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Keep it clean and no cyber-bullying. The comment section will not be moderated unless evidence shows it must be to allow for all readers/reviewers/commenters to feel open to sharing. I don't suffer Internet trolls gladly.